Hypnotherapy can be an effective tool in assisting you to stop smoking by addressing the psychological and behavioural aspects of your smoking habit. Hypnotherapy can help you to stop smoking by:
- Changing your smoking behaviours: Hypnotherapy helps you identify and modify the habits and behaviours associated with smoking. This can include breaking the association between certain situations or emotions and the urge to smoke.
- Reducing cravings: Relaxation techniques help reduce cravings for cigarettes. By facilitating a state of deep relaxation and heightened suggestibility, hypnotherapy can make it easier for you to resist the urge to smoke.
- Positive reinforcement: Hypnotherapy is used to reinforce positive thoughts and beliefs about quitting smoking. It can also help you build confidence in your ability to quit and maintain a smoke-free lifestyle.
- Addressing unconscious triggers: Smoking often has unconscious triggers, such as stress, boredom or emotional issues. Hypnotherapy aims to identify and address these underlying triggers, helping you to find healthier ways to cope with them.
- Suggestion therapy: During the session you’ll be given suggestions and positive affirmations related to being a non-smoker. These suggestions will go into your unconscious mind, making it more receptive to the idea of quitting.
- Stress reduction: Many people smoke to cope with stress. You’ll be taught alternative stress management techniques to reduce the need for cigarettes.
“I contacted Debbie because I’d had news regarding my health and I knew I had to leave smoking behind and find a way to give up, and I knew I didn’t have the willpower to do it myself. I smoked about 10 cigarettes a day. I really hoped seeing Debbie would help me, although I was very dubious. However, I also thought I had nothing to lose. I’m a person who likes to be in control and I never, for a moment thought I would be able to relax. But Debbie has her ways and she worked her magic! I’m almost 6 months smoke free and I feel so much better and healthier. Thank you so much.”
Annette, North Yorkshire
Hypnotherapy works on the principle of changing behaviour, thoughts and beliefs related to vaping in the following ways:
- Addressing the psychological component: Vaping doesn’t just include physical dependency; it also involves a strong psychological component. Hypnotherapy aims to tap into the unconscious mind to identify and address the underlying psychological triggers that lead to vaping. This can include stress, anxiety, social situations and habitual behaviours.
- Changing perceptions: Hypnotherapy can help you view vaping differently by altering your perceptions of it.
- Boosting self-control: Hypnotherapy includes techniques to enhance self-control and will power. Through suggestions, you can gain greater control over your cravings and urges to vape.
- Replacing vaping with healthy habits: I will work with you to develop healthier coping strategies and habits to replace vaping. This can include relaxation techniques and other positive activities and techniques to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Building confidence: The session can boost your confidence in your ability to quit vaping successfully. This increased self-confidence can be a crucial element in overcoming habits and addictions.
- Managing withdrawal symptoms: Hypnotherapy helps you to manage the psychological aspects of withdrawals such as irritability, restlessness and cravings.
- Customised approach: All sessions are tailored to your specific needs.
“I contacted Debbie in relation to stopping vaping. I felt as if I never had the vape out of my mouth, and it was much worse that when I smoked cigarettes. I have little girl and I was vaping around her which I wasn’t happy about. I also suffer with gum disease so stopping vaping has helped this so much and I also feel fitter and my throat no longer hurts! You need to want to stop. You can’t go in half hearted. I couldn’t be happier. I’ve not vaped for 5 months now and I honestly couldn’t have done it without Debbie. ”
Rachel, North Yorkshire